If a serious illness strikes, you don’t want to worry about paying your bills. That’s why Lincoln Critical Illness Insurance provides a cash benefit to help with extra expenses.
Benefits paid directly to you
- You can use your critical illness cash benefits however you wish, and you’ll receive it even if you get benefits from other insurance. Use your benefits to pay your deductibles or copays. Pay your mortgage, car payments or other bills. It’s up to you.
- Covered conditions include common critical illnesses such as heart attack, stroke, cancer, and major organ failure.
- Each critical illness is covered separately — your cash benefits remain the same for each illness, even if more than one critical illness occurs at the same time.
- Benefits are focused on family needs and early detection of critical illnesses.
Health advocate services help you navigate the healthcare system*
You — and even family members not covered under your plan — can access health advocate services anytime, not just during a critical illness. You’ll get:
Help with health and insurance-related issuesYou can access a Personal Health Advocate — typically a registered nurse, supported by medical directors and benefits and claims experts — who will use their medical expertise and knowledge of the healthcare system to help with a variety of issues, such as finding the right providers, obtaining second opinions, and coordinating care and insurance, including Medicare.
Help with work/life balanceYou can call Licensed Professional Counselors for assistance with issues such as finding childcare and eldercare providers, and financial and legal consultations. Includes up to three in-person or video conference counseling sessions, unlimited telephonic sessions and a personal concierge to assist with travel planning. In a crisis, help is available 24/7.
Medical Bill SaverYou can consult a specialized negotiator who will work with your providers to lower out-of-pocket costs on post-service, noncovered medical and dental bills exceeding $400.
* Not available in NY, MO, TX or WA.